Welcome To Ponteland Private Nursery
Deborah and Claire lead the team at Ponteland Private Nursery (PPN) and focus on the care and attention for each individual child, ensuring all of their needs are met at all times.
We guarantee that your child will be loved, cared and nurtured throughout their educational journey at PPN and we are committed to ensuring you feel relaxed about leaving your child in our care.
From the beginning we strive to build a totally trusting feeling between you and the PPN team, you are welcome to spend as much time as you need in the nursery during your child's settling in period and our door is always open to support you. Parents are also welcome to view our camera system at any time should you wish to observe your child without them being aware.
We will also provide you with daily updates on Tapestry - a secure online learning journal recording photos, observations and comments, in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, to build up a record of your child's experiences during their time with us.
The care and nursery education your child will receive is based on the following principles:
- Your child's welfare and development are paramount
- Your child will be treated and respected as an individual whose needs (including special educational needs) are catered for
- Values from different cultures, religions, racial origins and linguistics will be recognised and respected
- Your child has the right to safe and secure surroundings that allow them to grow and develop independence and social skills
- Your child has the right to learn through a variety of play
- Every child is a unique individual
- All children have skills and abilities that need to be brought out and built upon
- The starting point of a child's education is what they can do and not what they can't do
- Children have the right to develop physically, socially, emotionally, morally and intellectually to their full potential
- Learning should be FUN!
PPN recognises and values the community that it serves and if you have any queries, comments or suggestions we encourage you to inform Deborah or Claire. The team will always be happy and willing to discuss your child's progress, development or any concerns any parent may have.
We hope that the time parents and their children spend at PPN will be a happy and a positive experience for all.